||2 RD-181 Engines
||3.9 m (155 in)
||1194 mm (47 in)
Optional (Non-Standard) Services
The following non-standard services are not intended as a comprehensive list of all those available; they are intended to highlight major configuration, interface or launch site changes that significantly affect cost and/or the mission design.
- Antares 231 is a variant of the 230 configuration that utilizes a bi-propellant third stage (BTS)
- Antares 232 is a variant of the 230 configuration that utilizes a STAR 48BV solid upper stage
- RUAG 937S clamp-band separation system
- RUAG 1666VS clamp-band separation system
- 1575 mm non-separating mechanical interface
- There are currently no alternate sites to the standard service, Wallops Flight Facility (WFF)
Additional Vehicle Information
to visit the Launch Service Contractor's vehicle information website. Most providers offer an electronic payload planner's guide, which may be available for download on their site.
Note: The LSC websites are owned and operated by entities other than NASA; therefore the contents and access requirements for information on their sites may change at any time. The links have been provided as a source for additional information regarding the launch vehicles (configurations, operations, mechanical/electrical interfaces, etc) but should be used with caution. There may be differences between the information presented on the LSC website and what is available as a standard service through the NLS II contract. In these instances, the NLS II data is what has been contractually obligated to NASA.